It’s blueberry season in Vermont! Did you know that blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit? Blueberries are very rich in antioxidants like Vitamin C, B Complex, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, copper, selenium, iron and zinc. They help your health by preventing infections and boosting up your immune system. And, they are so tasty!
Here is a “sweet” little recipe for Blueberry Muffins from Vermont.
- 1 cup gluten free flour (King Arthur’s has a great brand – and they are in Vermont!)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Vermont Maple Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and powder.
- Pour in the eggs, applesauce, butter, almond milk, Vermont maple syrup and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Evenly pour the batter into silicone cupcake liners or regular liners but you may need to spray them with cooking spray first.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Mine were perfect at 25 min.